To begin with, JMeter is an open-source testing software useful for load and performance testing. In addition, it is useful for analyzing and measuring the performance and load functional behavior of web applications and a variety of services. It facilitates the testing of Web applications or FTP applications. Using JMeter makes you versatile for testing as it covers categories of tests like load, functional, performance, and regression testing.
Significant Features of JMeter:
JMeter is a cross-platform testing platform that offers endless capabilities. This platform allows users to work with both local and server-based cases. In addition, it is a highly effective and simple-to-use solution that gives complete freedom for users to modify existing plugins or establish their own. Furthermore, it is effective and efficient, and easy to use compared to any other software application. Above all, it ensures cluster ability and enables you to group devices into a testing farm that operates as a single system. To further know about it, one can visit JMeter Online Course. Here are some of the significant features of JMeter.
- Works without the Usage of UI- Test cases are command-line executable that facilitates full integration into the cases of CI tools.
- Broad Range of Components- This tool consists of almost everything necessary for any type of testing. Furthermore, it allows you to make up your own types of components.
- Display Tools- Also known as reports, these tools provide you with extremely detailed information. In addition, it allows the output to be saved in CSV, XML, HTML, and other formats.
- Supports Java Sampler- It supports Java Sampler and integrates their interface. This allows users to modify their input control, variables, and data collection.
Advantages of Using JMeter:
JMeter is an open-source software tool that doesn’t requires any specific skills or domain knowledge to use it. In addition, it is a platform-independent solution that supports different formats for reporting like text, XML, HTML, and JSON. Furthermore, it also provides support for different protocols like HTTP, FTP, SOAP, JDBC, JMS, and LDAP.
- Can load test different kinds of applications- It facilitates performance testing of all kinds of applications. Such as Web applications, web services, databases, LDAP, shell scripts, etc.
- Platform independent- This is a platform-independent tool and is 100% Java-based. Furthermore, it is capable of running on multiple platforms.
- Record and Playback feature- JMeter provides various record and playback options along with drag and drop features. These features make it easier and faster to create scripts.
- Customizable- Being an open-source platform, JMeter allows developers to easily customize its source code as per their specific requirements.
- Supports distributed load testing- This tool provides support for distributed load testing features. This allows users to create a master-slave setup for carrying out load tests on multiple machines.
- Good community support- It has many online tutorials and community support scripts. Along with these, this tool comes with various plugins for different aspects of script creation and analysis.
What are the Uses of JMeter?
JMeter is an open-source testing software useful for load and performance testing. It is useful for analyzing and measuring the performance and load functional behavior of web applications and a variety of services. JMeter is a cross-platform testing platform that offers endless capabilities. This tool consists of almost everything necessary for any type of testing. It facilitates performance testing of all kinds of applications. It comes with various features that make it easier and faster to create scripts. Above all, this tool comes with various plugins for different aspects of script creation and analysis.