With a high prevalence of infertility affecting nearly 10–15% of married couples in India, almost 27.5 million couples seek treatment for their problem. India has witnessed a significant surge in In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) services, attributed to various factors such as:
- Late marriages
- Increased pregnancy age
- Higher contraceptive use
- Rising levels of tobacco and alcohol consumption
- Increased prevalence of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) among younger women
- Greater awareness about infertility treatments
It is also well known that Indian ethnicity brings along with it a poorer ovarian reserve as compared to Caucasian women, leading to poorer outcomes of infertility treatment.
What is IVF?
IVF, an assisted reproductive technology (ART), involves fertilization of sperm and egg outside the human body. This complex process involves retrieving eggs from ovaries and combining them manually with sperm in a lab for fertilization. After fertilization, the fertilized egg (embryo) is placed inside the uterus. Pregnancy occurs when this embryo implants itself into the uterine wall.
Why is IVF Performed?
If you or your partner have any of the following conditions, IVF can be considered as an option:
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes
- Unexplained infertility
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) or other such ovarian conditions
- Uterine fibroids
- Low sperm count or other sperm impairments
Which are the Best IVF Centres in India?
The best IVF centers in India provide the following services and cutting-edge technologies:
- Infertility assessments for both males and females
- Counseling for infertility treatments
- Reproductive genetics testing [e.g., Preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy (PGT-A), PGT-M]
- Endometrial Receptivity Array (ERA) for multiple IVF failures
- Cryopreservation (freezing) technology for preserving eggs, sperm and embryos
- Embryo or egg donation
- Diagnostic endoscopy procedures
- Fertility surgeries for women and men
Some of the best IVF centers in India are listed below:
Rainbow Children’s Hospital & BirthRight by Rainbow, Hyderabad
- Rainbow Hospitals is a super specialty hospital with all pediatric super specialties under one roof.
- The hospital also offers a range of gynecology, obstetrics, and Fetal medicine services for women.
- Among the notable healthcare institutions in Hyderabad, Rainbow Children’s Hospital stands out as a leading destination for IVF treatments.
- At the hospital, you will have access to the best IVF doctor in India who provides complete support through every step of the IVF process: Follicular development, Retrieval of the egg, Preparation of sperm and fertilization of the egg, Embryo transfer, and Testing for pregnancy.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
- The hospital specializes in treating patients with multiple failed cycles.
- Various medical procedures, such as egg freezing, IVF, intrauterine fertilization, etc., are routinely performed.
- The infertility medicine team specializes in treating unexplained infertility, endometriosis, and failed Intrauterine Insemination (IUI).
- The department specializes in treating patients through multiple procedures, including intrauterine insemination, surgical methods, and medical or assisted yet advanced reproductive technologies.
- The expert counseling and safe technology approach of the team ensures successful results and enhanced satisfaction levels for many couples.
ART Fertility Clinics, Mumbai
- ART Fertility Clinics is a single-specialty fertility ‘patient-first’ clinic.
- It is a renowned institution for genetics and reproductive medicine.
- The clinic uses advanced ART techniques to deliver quick results to the patients seeking the treatment.
- The clinic is a chosen healthcare facility for treatments for fertility such as fertility work-up, Intra -Cytoplasmic Sperm injection (ICSI), IVF, IUI, blastocyst culture, cryopreservation, laser-assisted hatching, genetic services, Microscopic testicular sperm extraction (MICRO-TESE), hysteroscopy, embryo/oocyte donation, laparoscopy, and surrogacy.
NOVA IVI Fertility, New Delhi
- The Nova IVF Centres offer a wide range of assisted reproductive technologies and treatments, including IVF, IUI, egg freezing, embryo freezing, and genetic testing.
- This is one of the leading hospitals in India known for using a LASER embryo-scope.
- The team of specialists at the hospital is backed by skilled embryologists trained in IVI Spain.
- The center is staffed with an experienced team of specialists and embryologists who offer individualized treatment plans incorporating cutting-edge techniques like IVF and IUI.
SIMS Hospital, Vadapalani, Chennai
- The hospital is a perfect combination of experience, expertise, state-of-the-art technology, and well-coordinated patient-centric teamwork.
- The facilities provided at the hospital are designed and equipped to meet the requirements of both domestic and international patients.
- The Institute of Obstetrics & gynecologists at the hospital focuses on a structured maternity support program & this is the best maternity hospital in Chennai.
- The hospital provides services including IUI, In Vitro Fertilization and embryo Transfer (IVF-ET), ICSI, Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis and screening (PGD/PGS), Frozen embryo transfer, etc.
- The hospital brings together renowned specialists from different spheres of medicine in its technology.
To have a baby is the desire of almost all couples in India, and being labeled as infertile causes a huge psychological and emotional stress to the couple. With decades of experience, the best IVF centers in India offer various state-of-the-art facilities with modern IVF techniques at an affordable price. If you are planning an IVF treatment, India can be your preferred destination.