Since teleconferences and audio conferences have been around for some time and are generally accepted as the preferred method of communication, this may seem to be an obvious choice. It may come as a surprise, though, just how often people make gaffes on business calls.
Little things like forgetting to bring anything important to the meeting or falling into unproductive routines are also major factors in the overall success or failure of your conferencing efforts. If you don’t know how to utilize a teleconference effectively, you won’t be able to make a difference in your team or organization.
Tips for facilitating a successful conference call
1. Invest in suitable tools
Don’t use a loudspeaker or a cellular/cordless phone since they both take up ambient noise and make you sound like you’re in a tunnel. Not all speaker phones allow for simultaneous talking and listening, effectively “splitting off” portions of the discussion.
2. Don’t forget to tell them!
You should let everyone in attendance know when the conference call will take place and how to join. Specify a dial-in number and access code, list the moderator’s name, the meeting’s start and finish times, the subject, and the agenda, and describe how to attend the meeting. It also details what people need to do in advance of the audio conference.
3. You Should Be Polite to Your Host
It is important to consider the participants and the company’s culture while organizing a conference call. How long will the call last, what time zones are involved, etc.? You might, for instance, plan a little break during particularly lengthy conversations, or you could just let people take breaks when they see fit. Many workplaces have held music that is blasted into conferences; remind your guests not to put their phones on “HOLD.”
To prepare for the future, we should:
- Set the time and quantity of people that will be attending. Observe the time zone disparities.
- Increase in the number of visitors: Send an email to those who have already been invited to a call to remind them that it is happening.
- You may connect each person separately by utilizing the dial-out features. In particular, this is a boon to those making calls internationally.
- Plan out what you want to achieve during your audio conference.
- Find out what you want to accomplish by holding the meeting.
- Preparing a schedule in advance can help you stay on track.
- Keep the meeting’s focus to no more than three or four items, and let the attendees know how much time will be allotted for each.
4. Documentation of Conference Calls:
It’s past time that recording conference calls become standard practice. Consequences unique to recorded conference calls should be considered. They meet the requirements for legal tender status. In addition, they may be used as a reference in future gatherings and in making decisions.
One of the best ways to ensure that everyone is up-to-date is to listen to recordings of teleconferences. If some individuals can’t make it to meetings, they may still be able to get all the information they need from the recordings.
5. Don’t forget to account for time zones while setting up a conference call:
If people are coming from all over the nation or perhaps the world to attend, it’s best to schedule the event around a time that works for the vast majority of them. Do not forget to tell them what time zone they should be in when you announce the start time.
6. Eliminating background noise:
You should not shuffle papers or other things while you are talking. These noises will be picked up by certain speakerphone microphones, and they may be rather unpleasant.
7. Hang Up:
A conference call should always be ended in a straightforward and unambiguous manner. We’d like to express our gratitude to everyone who came out today and announce that the meeting is now concluded.
If you need a dependable audio conferencing solution, Office24by7 is a good choice. We are the go-to source of communication services for many well-known Indian companies. If you’re interested in learning more, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dialling +91 7097171717.