Cancer treatment, be it of any type, becomes less painful and traumatizing if detected in its early stages. The problem is that most people don’t realize it when they get cancer. They live with it for so many years allowing it to progress and spread further without their knowledge. Eventually, the disease reveals itself, and that is when they start rushing for treatment. By then, it generally gets too late.
It is critically important that people go for checkups and screenings at Cancer Hospital in Mumbai or any other city to get tested after seeing the early signs of cancer. The following symptoms indicate that something wrong is happening within the body that needs immediate attention.
- Blood in the urine can be due to a UTI but can also indicate bladder or kidney cancer.
- Blood in stools can indicate haemorrhoids, commonly called piles, but can also indicate colon cancer.
- Blood in the sputum can indicate lung cancer.
- Swallowing difficulty can also be a sign of oesophageal cancer.
- A white patch inside the oral cavity can grow cancerous anytime, so chronic smokers or tobacco chewers need to look out for such patches or any burning sensation,
- Unexplained pain and fatigue
- Moles, spots, and skin changes; changes in your skin colour and texture can indicate melanoma or a type of skin cancer that might get malignant.
- Abrupt changes in weight; sudden loss of weight; 10 pounds or more without trying
- Fever that doesn’t go and has no apparent cause can be due to leukaemia, a type of blood cancer.
Both men and women should watch out for these symptoms
Symptoms Specific for Women
The following symptoms in women may indicate breast cancer, ovarian cancer, or uterine cancer.
- Nipple changes or discharge,
- Redness or thickening, or pain in your breasts.
- Fatigue, weight loss, or back pain with constant bloating can be a sign of ovarian cancer.
- Lump in the breast
- Spotting between regular menstrual cycles or bleeding after menopause can be a sign of uterine cancer.
Symptoms Men Should Watch Out For
The following symptoms may indicate cancer in men:
- Lumps in the testicles, a painless lump, is most commonly a sign of testicular cancer.
- Changes in the urine like the need to go more often, leaks, or a weak stream may be a sign of an enlarged prostate or even prostate cancer.
- Erectile dysfunction: that is, trouble maintaining an erection or premature ejaculation.
These symptoms should not be ignored. Patients should visit renowned Cancer Hospitals in Mumbai or other cities to get timely treatment. These hospitals have experienced expert doctors and top-notch facilities to provide effective and timely treatment.