There are a lot of users who are planning to move their Exchange 2013 to Office 365. As Office 365 provides various services to the users like Skype, SharePoint, etc. All small and large businesses share their crucial data, and users are searching for the best way to migrate Exchange 2013 to Office 365. Users who want to proceed with this task can use the Shoviv Exchange recovery manager tool for better results.
Office 365 is a cloud-based service that provides automatic updates for users. Migrating Exchange to Office 365 is a difficult task for users, and there are some reasons why users are asked to migrate to Office 365. One of the main reasons to migrate to Office 365 is that it will soon reach its end. After it ends, it will stop providing technical assistance and fixing bugs. Users have numerous benefits if they migrate Exchange 2013 to Office 365.
- Users have Exchange 2013 need to purchase their hardware and software and maintain it properly, which is very costly. Migrating to Office 365 can eliminate the need for hardware and software, which can be cost saving.
- Office 365 provides data encryption, multifactor authentication, and complete data security.
- Office 365 provides access to their email from anywhere and anytime with an internet connection. With this, users will be able to work remotely and can proceed with their work.
Procedure to migrate Exchange 2013 to Office 365
There are two ways to proceed with the migration process, one is the manual method and the other one is the professional third party tool. Both methods are available for the users to select which method they want to go with. However, we suggest users try the Shoviv exchange recovery manager tool for a better experience and instant migration.
Migrate Exchange 2013 to Office 365 manually
- First, users have to create a migration batch online.
- The new page will open, and in the admin centre, navigate recipient> migration.
- After that, define a migration and select Outlook Everywhere.
- Now select Migrate to exchange online from the drop-down menu.
- After that activate the mailbox and finalize the migration batch
- Now you have to finish Office 365 set up and cut over DNS.
- Update the DNS record and change the active directory.
- Then you must create the new Outlook profile, setting and importing data.
- Now reconfigure the mobile device.
Migrate Exchange 2013 to Office 365 Professionally
- Download the Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager tool and install it in your system.
- From the menu bar, tap on the source button.
- On the next window, select the Exchange Server mailbox and enter the asked details.
- If the software fails to configure the given users with Outlook, you can also select the Outlook profile option and tap on the Next option.
- Now from the next window, you have to select the mailbox list. If users find any missing mailbox, they can simply add it by entering the user email and selecting the CSV file. After that, hit the Finish button.
- After that, select the mailbox and see the content list.
- Then you are supposed to tap on the desired mailbox, and from the ribbon bar, click on the Office 365 mailbox option.
- Post that from the folder list, select the folders, and check. Uncheck subfolders. Users can also pick up the mailbox of their choice. To select a specific mailbox or folder, there is also a custom selection folder option. After that, tap on the Next option.
- Users can fetch the mailbox from the target with two options: one is using the Outlook profile, and the other is entering Office 365 details. Now you have to tap on the fetch all mailbox option from Office 365 and fill in the user’s name and password. Give access to all the mailboxes to the users, and then tap on the Next option.
- Now you will be mapping the source mailbox to the target mailbox. Users will be Able to validate the target. This will ensure that the software can connect to the target mailbox. Click on the Next option once mapping is done,
- In the next window, users must apply a filter based on message class and date range. Users can select the include/ exclude option to process the message class. Now you have to select the date range between “From” to “To.” Then tick on the option Export duplicate items and tap on the Next option.
- The process will finally be completed, and the software will prepare a live report and click on the Finish option.
All the users who want to migrate Exchange 2013 to Office 365 can proceed with it quickly. The process will be conducted in two ways we have already explained in the above content. Apart from that, we have also shared the professional third-party tool for the users. To know more about the tool, users can check out the features of the tool. The software has a free demo version where users can go through its quality and efficiency.