Backend Developers use frameworks, tools, and other similar resources to build the engine of a website. It consists of multiple essential components linked to the databases, internal and external resources, server, website’s root, etc. Backend frameworks are favorable for the developers and the product as well.
6 Best Backend Frameworks To Use
We have listed some of the best available options below. The developers can choose the best one based on their needs.
Django is open-source and one of the best frameworks built on Python. It aids developers to build complex, database-driven websites and the framework. The best apps developed using Django are DropBox, Spotify, Washington Post, etc. Expert developers suggest Django for all startups looking to get high-quality websites designed.
Features of Django FrameWork
- Security: Django enables developers to stay secure from several security issues. For example, CSRF attacks, SQL injections, and XSS by default.
- Scalability: The framework is scalable due to the caching options and its feature of code reusability. It enables Django apps to tackle effectively with high traffic demand.
- Asynchronous Programming: Built on the architecture of Model-View-Template, Django can run anywhere. Also it effectively supports asynchronous and reactive programming.
Rails is also called Ruby on Rails. It is an open-source backend framework used to build web apps. It is written in the Ruby programming language. The framework helps developers build, analyze, and maximize the software independently.
- Convention Over Configuration: Rails enables the building of advanced matching elements by sensing the easy components that are usually formal too.
- Automated Testing: Ruby runs multiple tests on the codes that developers write. It helps in saving time and effort. It also assures quality development.
- Localization: With the help of this feature, the programmers may combine their pre-designed code into their framework for a vast project.
Express.js is a lightweight and adaptable Node.js backend framework. It is used to create applications. This framework offers a set of functions for web and mobile applications when utilized by a web development company. It is a MEAN stack backend framework that developers use to create APIs and online Apps. Stack Overflow, a public platform for developers, rated Express as one of the most used frameworks by almost 23.82% of respondents.
Features of Express Framework
- Rapid Development of Server-Side: Express offers many standard traits. They can be used anywhere in the program. This assists in saving development time to a great extent.
- Middleware: This part of express may access databases, client requests, etc. It is usually accountable for the streamlined organization of various functions.
- Routing: It has an advanced routing system that enables conserving the state of a webpage with the help of URLs.
Flask is another excellent Python-based backend framework for web app development. It also helps create robust and modern web apps. This framework works on a server rather than running on a user’s browser. Statistica says that 16.14% of respondents mark Flask as one of the most broadly used frameworks in 2021.
Features of Flask Framework
- In-Built Development Server: This flask feature offers an engaging debugger and lets developers implement Python codes in the browser.
- Templating and WSGI Assistance: Flask presents a toolkit that enables the development of web applications compatible with WSGI and Jinja 2. It makes the development of templates easy.
- Minimalistic: Flask is a minimalist framework. It enables the rapid setting of web servers. This attribute allows for the bundling of core elements by default.
Laravel is another open-source framework that is based on PHP. It also helps create Symfony-based web apps with the help of MVC architectures. Experts rate it as one of the best backend development frameworks.
Features of Laravel Framework
- Template Engine: Laravel has many lightweights, in-built templates. Developers can use them to create layouts and produce content. It also enables the creation of widgets by using JS and CSS codes.
- Security: It offers robust app safety with salted and hashed password methods. The framework employs readymade SQL statements to eliminate the possibilities of injection attacks.
- MVC Architecture: These tyoe of backend frameworks gives MVC architecture support to individualize business logic and presentation layers. MVC offers multiple functions that boost scalability and safety and aid better performance.
CakePHP is another famous web app development framework. Since its inception, it has experienced incredible progress. It is also one of the most preferred choices of a web development company for developing big as well as small applications. CakePHP renders complete safety and doesn’t have complicated configurations.
- Compatibility: CakePHP framework suits well with 4 and 5 versions of PHP.
- Handling Several Components: The framework can take many components that include Cookie, Email, Security, Request Handling, Sessions, etc.
- Flexible licensing.