This module is a section under the SAP ERP Central Component (ECC) Logistics. It functions closely with SAP Material Management (MM) and SAP Production Planning (PP). SAP SD deals with the storage of customer and product-related data. Moreover today, SAP SD is widely in use by a host of companies across the world to make the working process easier. With its widespread adaptation, SAP SD training can help you with its learning mechanism. However, an adequate knowledge of SAP SD is necessary for handling SAP-manufactured software products.
Lifecycle of SAP SD
Initially, it starts with the order-to-cash business process. Moving ahead sales and distribution handle all the details under this cycle. Basically, under a regular cycle, SD generates the sales quote and the consumers place an order. Further on the confirmation of the order, goods are dispatched from the production facility or storehouse to the customer’s location. Furthermore, the invoice is also attached along with the order, and then the accounts team for processed the payment. Thus, each step in this cycle records transactions leading to more transactions in different modules.
Requisite Skills for SAP SD professional
- Acquired knowledge of business processes in the Sales and Distribution area. That includes Sales Order Management, Shipping, Billing procedure, Pricing scheme, Credit Management, Output source, Text Determination, Availability check, Revenue Recognition, and shipment prices.
- Works well with SD-LE business process configurations. Exposure to sales process lifecycle. This includes Credit/Debit Memo Processing, intercompany sales, 3rd party sales, return sales, consignment sales, Scheduling Agreements, and taxation knowledge.
- Also, a working knowledge of the GST working cycle and its impact on the Sales & Distribution process.
- Some technical awareness should be handy. However, any technical absence should not impact the moving cycle.
- Proficient in working with Incident Management, Change management, Service Requests, and Problem management.
- However, acquired knowledge of trending market requirements will help you better in devising the sales lifecycle
Line of Responsibility
- You are solely responsible for the delivery of SD Projects/ enhancements/ tickets assigned to you.
- Devise a functional solution depending on the client’s requirements
- Develop clear Functional specifications documents, indicating technical design specifications.
- Confident about his problem-solving capabilities
- Should work well in teams with coordination
- Communication holds the key part, as you need to be very clear with the message you are conveying to the team.
- Looks clearly for the minute details without leaving any important points behind.
- Ability to work well with all types of client bases.
- Manage brainstorming sessions to analyze the business processes and other managing factors defining the workflow.
Benefits of including SAD SD in business model
- Convenient in tracking records of sales transactions.
- Compiles a record of sales data and also produces reports on team performance.
- Keeps a note of pre-sale and post-sale information.
- The elaborate process of Sales and Distribution.
- Helps you with differentiating diverse sales and their process
- Effective management of documents for future use.
With the growing advancements, many organizations use SAP worldwide. Indeed, a good knowledge of SAP ERP and the various modules may help you with an advantageous position while applying for jobs. However, you may also be in a better position to earn a promotion at your workplace with your knowledge of SAP. Further, to stand out from the crowd, you can take SAP SD Training Institute in Delhi to learn its working module. Thus, with experience and you can become an expert in this technical sphere that will help you in reaching a leadership role.