The Golden Triangle tour is one of the most popular tourist circuits in India, which covers three cities: Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur. To plan a Golden Triangle tour, follow these steps:
- Decide on your travel dates: Choose the time of the year when you want to travel. The best time to visit these cities is from October to March, as the weather is pleasant during this time.
- Book your flights: Book your flights to Delhi. The city is well-connected with major cities in India and abroad.
- Plan your itinerary: Plan your itinerary for the tour. The typical Golden Triangle tour takes around 5-7 days, depending on the places you want to visit.
- Book your accommodations: Book your accommodations in each of the cities. There are various options available, including budget hotels, guesthouses, and luxury hotels.
- Hire a tour operator: If you want to have a hassle-free tour, you can hire a tour operator who can arrange your itinerary, transportation, accommodations, and sightseeing.
- Visit Delhi: Start your tour from Delhi. Visit the historical monuments, such as the Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, India Gate, and the Lotus Temple.
- Visit Agra: From Delhi, travel to Agra, where you can visit the iconic Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Fatehpur Sikri.
- Visit Jaipur: From Agra, travel to Jaipur, where you can visit the Amber Fort, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Hawa Mahal, and other attractions.
- Shop and dine: You can shop for local souvenirs, such as handicrafts, jewelry, and textiles, and try the local cuisine, which is famous for its rich flavors.
- Return to Delhi: Finally, return to Delhi and spend some time exploring the city before you depart.
Tips to follow on a golden triangle tour in India
If you’re planning to go on a Golden Triangle tour in India, here are some tips to follow:
- Plan your itinerary well in advance and decide which places you want to visit.
- Try to visit the tourist attractions early in the morning or late in the afternoon to avoid the crowds and the heat.
- Dress modestly and respectfully, especially when visiting religious sites.
- Carry a water bottle with you at all times and stay hydrated.
- Be cautious of pickpockets and scams. Keep your valuables close to you and avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Hire a local guide who can give you a better understanding of the history and culture of the places you’re visiting.
- Try the local cuisine, but be careful with street food. Make sure to eat at clean and hygienic restaurants.
- Negotiate the price before buying souvenirs or taking a taxi ride. To avoid this, you can book Car Rental in Delhi.
- Be respectful of the local customs and traditions, and ask for permission before taking photographs of people or religious sites.
- Take some time to relax and enjoy the experience, don’t rush from one place to another. India can be overwhelming, so take it one day at a time and enjoy the journey.
Remember to carry essential items, such as sunscreen, a hat, comfortable shoes, and a camera, to make your Golden Triangle Tour more enjoyable.
Best Time to Book Golden Triangle Tour Package
The best time to book the Golden Triangle tour package depends on your travel plans and preferences. However, there are a few general guidelines that you can follow:
- Book in advance: Golden Triangle tours are popular and can get fully booked quickly, especially during peak tourist season. To avoid disappointment, it’s best to book your tour at least a few months in advance.
- Peak season: The peak tourist season in India is from October to March when the weather is cooler and more pleasant. If you plan to travel during this time, it’s advisable to book your tour package well in advance.
- Off-season: The off-season for tourism in India is from April to September, when the weather is hot and humid. During this time, you may find better deals on tour packages and accommodations.
- Festivals: If you plan to visit India during a festival, such as Diwali or Holi, it’s best to book your tour package well in advance. These festivals attract a lot of tourists, and the prices may go up during this time.
- Last-minute deals: If you’re flexible with your travel dates, you can look for last-minute deals on tour packages. However, this is a risky option, as you may not find the itinerary or accommodations that you want. To avoid this, book a Car Rental in Delhi which is a superior choice for visiting three interconnecting cities of North India.