The Moon Peak Expedition Trek begins in Dharamshala’s Mcleodganj and travels past the well-known camping area of Triund, the Laka Got, the Lahesh Caves, and the Indrahar Pass.
Moon Peak is located in the Western Himalayan Dhauladhar Mountain Range, also known as the Lit White Range. This Moon Peak Expedition trek’s greatest extreme is that it only takes a few days to get you to a height of 15200 feet.
Overview of Moon Peak Expedition:
With mesmerising views of the Indian plains to the south and the holy peak of Mani Mahesh Kailash and the snow-capped Pir Panjal Range to the north, the Moon Peak trek’s starting point in McLeodganj, the residence of His Holiness “the 14th Dalai Lama” and the location of the primary temple for the Tibetan exile community, is another significant feature. The trekking and food lovers will both love McLeodGanj! The genuine Tibetan food will tempt your taste buds, and the friendliness of the locals will make
Mcleodganj can be reached by:
Gaggal Airport, Dharamsala-Kangra Airport, or Kangra Airport are the closest airports to McLeodganj. Twenty kilometres separate it from McLeodganj. Road travel takes 30 minutes to get from the airport to McLeodganj.
Approximately 100 kilometres from McLeodganj, the closest broad gauge railroad station is in Pathankot. The closest narrow-gauge railroad station to McLeodganj is Kangra, which is 30 kilometres away. This trip on a toy train takes longer because it is intended for train enthusiasts who want to experience the wonders of the railway. There are nonstop trains from Delhi, Ahmedabad, Jammu Tawi, and Amritsar.
Itinerary – Moon peak expedition
- McLeodGanj to Triund
- Follow your own directions to McLeodGanj, where our trek will start.
- By late afternoon, we’ll have reached Triund Valley after travelling the designated trail there.
- You can spend the rest of the day in the alluring meadows admiring the Dhauladhar Ranges.
- Keep an eye out from your tents for the night time starry sky.
The Moon Peak Expedition Trek preparations
- Give yourself enough time to acclimate to high altitudes because they have different climates than the plains.
- Keep your luggage to a minimum because more luggage means more hassle.
- It’s very easy to go camping outside. Luxury should not be anticipated. There will be no electricity at any campsite.
- Professional trek leaders are available to ensure the highest levels of safety, information, and individualised care needed to enjoy a trek.
- For the Moon Peak Expedition, it is recommended that you pack enough warm clothing and the proper footwear.
- In the event that the trek must be cancelled, authorities should be notified in advance.
- The management reserves the right to alter the trek in the case of emergencies or natural disasters.
Expedition to Moon Peak Includes:
1. Lodging – For the trek’s first four nights, you’ll spend them in tents (3 people per tent). The participants’ rooms or tents are divided by gender.
2. Meals – On all days of Moon Peak, we serve straightforward, wholesome vegetarian meals.
3. Camping fees – All trekking permits and fees for in-forest camping are included.
4. Trekking gear: Each camp has top-notch tents and sleeping bags. Even at -10 oC, sleeping bags can survive the cold.
5. Emergency supplies will be available at the campsite and with the guide/trek leader, including a first aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc.
6. Skilled trek leaders – All of our trek leaders have at least basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid certifications.
One of the most resonating adventure activities to partake in in Mcleodganj is trekking, which offers stunning emerald green valleys and the energising stir of the mountain air. The lush grasslands of this hilly paradise await you as you step outside, along with a joyful and contented disposition.
The many Mcleodganj Trekking trails that are accessible are complemented by the region’s rocky topography. Here, you can embark on some of the most thrilling treks, like the Triund, which is renowned for its sunsets, oak trees, and rhododendron forests. The Kaveri lake trail is a high-altitude lake surrounded by breathtaking views, similar to the Minkiani pass, which is a rugged trail intended for excursions by adventure seekers.