As the name implies, rubber cable is a type of rubber or thermosetting elastomer that performs similarly to rubber in terms of insulation and sheath-based wire and cable.
The so-called thermosetting plastic elastomer retains its shape following heating curing because internal molecular hinges allow the shape to stabilize (commonly referred to as curing or cross-linking), but heating it again will prevent it from returning to its viscous flow state, requiring further processing and molding of the elastomer.
Rubber-sheathed cables are typically utilized in mobile electrical equipment due to their exceptional flexibility.
It depends on Rubber Cable Manufacturers what kind of material they use in the process of manufacturing. Let’s discuss them.
What is a Rubber Cable?
Rubber cable is a type of electrical cable that is coated in rubber or a rubber-like material. It is used in a variety of applications where the cable needs to be flexible, durable, and resistant to moisture or other environmental factors.
Characteristics of Electrical Rubber Cable
Some of the key characteristics of rubber cable include;
- Flexibility: Rubber cable is highly flexible, making it easy to install and route through tight spaces. This is particularly useful in applications where the cable needs to be bent or moved frequently.
- Durability: Rubber cable is resistant to abrasion, making it more durable than other types of electrical cable. It can withstand harsh environments and frequent handling, making it a good choice for use in industrial and outdoor applications.
- Moisture resistance: Rubber cable is resistant to moisture and water, making it suitable for use in damp or wet environments. It can also be used in underground or underwater applications.
- Chemical resistance: Rubber cable is resistant to many chemicals, making it suitable for use in a variety of industrial settings. It is also resistant to oil and grease, making it a good choice for use in automotive and machinery applications.
- Electrical properties: Rubber cable has good electrical properties, making it suitable for use in a variety of electrical applications. It has a high resistance to electrical breakdown, making it less prone to failure due to electrical issues.
Applications of Rubber Cable
Rubber cable is used in a wide range of applications, including automotive, industrial, and outdoor settings. It is often used as a power supply cable, control cable, or signal cable, depending on the specific requirements of the application. Rubber cable is also used in the manufacturing of electrical appliances, machinery, and other equipment.
Industrial Uses of Electrical Cable
Rubber cables are used in a variety of applications where flexibility, durability, and resistance to environmental factors such as moisture and temperature changes are required. Some common applications for rubber cables include:
- Industrial machinery and equipment: Rubber cables are often used in manufacturing and other industrial settings because they can withstand harsh environments and resist abrasion.
- Automotive and transportation: Rubber cables are used in automotive and transportation applications because they are resistant to oil, fuel, and other chemicals.
- Construction and outdoor use: Rubber cables are well-suited for use in construction and outdoor environments because they are resistant to water, sunlight, and extreme temperatures.
- Medical equipment: Rubber cables are used in medical equipment because they are flexible and easy to sterilize.
- Marine and offshore oil rigs: Rubber cables are used in marine and offshore oil rig applications because they are resistant to saltwater and other corrosive elements.
- Aerospace: Rubber cables are used in aerospace applications because they are lightweight, flexible, and resistant to extreme temperatures.
- Power transmission: Rubber cables are used in power transmission applications because they are flexible and can be used in high-voltage systems.
Rubber cable has become a very important part of our life, from room to aerospace, rubber cables are spread everywhere. That’s why we at Znergy Cable manufacture the best quality electrical cable according to your needs.
With quality, we keep safety standards in mind. Contact us for more information and guidelines, or you can contact any Rubber Cable Suppliers near you.