A partner visa is for persons who want to settle in Australia with their partner, a permanent resident, or a citizen of Australia. If you live outside of Australia and want to move there to join your Australian resident spouse or partner, you can apply for an Offshore Partner Visa Subclass 309.
You will be one step closer to settling in Australia permanently once you receive a 309 Visa. However, you can still profit from the following advantages while waiting:
- In Australia, you can cohabitate with your partner.
- Work is possible in Australia.
- In Australia, you can enrol in an institution.
- You can enrol in classes to learn English (if you need to). You can sign up for as many as 510 hours of free instruction offered by the Adult Migrant English Program.
- You can sign up for public healthcare in Australia.
- You can make as many trips to and from Australia as necessary.
Requirements to Be Met to Apply for Partner Visa Subclass 309
You must have a partner who is an Australian permanent resident to sponsor you to obtain the visa subclass 309. You and your partner must meet the following prerequisites:
- You both need to be older than 18 to participate.
- Your spouse or partner must be a permanent resident of Australia, a citizen of New Zealand, or both.
- In the previous five years, neither you nor your partner may have applied for or held a prospective marriage/partner visa.
- You and your companion must both adhere to the character standards. There must be any child-related criminal accusations against either of you.
- You must have a committed, monogamous relationship with your partner.
- You must be married or in a de facto relationship with your partner (living together for at least 12 months).
- You and your partner must be able to back up your claim that your connection is sincere. For instance, demonstrate that you have lived together, have met each other’s family members, and are familiar with each other’s backgrounds.
Application Procedure to Apply for Partner Visa Subclass 309
Both the moment you submit your 309 Visa application and the time it is processed require that you be outside of Australia. Applicants will submit applications for both temporary and permanent visas simultaneously. The application procedure is comprised of the subsequent steps:
- Form an ImmiAccount. Login into the account if you already have one.
- Check to see if you require a physical/paper form of application. If so, there will be a link you need to click on, and you must organise one.
- Assemble the necessary documents (duly updated) for the visa application.
- Open a new ImmiAccount application. You must begin a new Partner Visa Subclass 309 and visa subclass 100 application.
- Fill out the online application. You must respond to every question.
- Pay the application fee for a visa. You must pay the visa cost online with a credit or debit card.
- Review your responses before applying.
- Your partner a note with the transaction reference number (TRN). They must provide this number when they apply for 309 provisional Visa sponsorship.
- Include the necessary documentation. Your documents must be scanned and added as attachments to the ImmiAccount.
- Your spouse applies for sponsorship by logging into their ImmiAccount. Your visa transaction reference number (TRN), proof of identity, and police clearances will all be required.
Now you must wait for the visa decision. During this time, you must be outside of Australia. After two years of submitting your Subclass 309 visa application, authorities may evaluate your application for a Partner visa 100.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time does it take to process a visa 309 application?
The majority of 309 Visa applications are processed in 16 months. Some may take as long as 22 months. It can take even longer if you don’t submit the appropriate paperwork or if the Department of Home Affairs takes a while to check your information.
The processing of your visa and making a decision allow you to travel to Australia.
What Is the Price of a 309 Partner Visa?
For the primary applicant, the 309 Partner Visa starts at AUD 7,850. You must also pay the following fees if you are applying with dependents:
- Charges for each dependent above the age of 18 are AUD 3,930.
- Charges for each dependent under the age of 18 are AUD 1,965.
You also pay for your permanent partner visa 100 when you pay the amount.
You do not need to pay a visa fee if your child later receives a Dependent Child Visa 445 but does not apply for a 309 Visa with you.
Do sponsors of 309 visas have any obligations?
As a condition of submitting a sponsorship application, sponsors promise to provide housing and financial support for the 309 visa holders and any dependent children for the first two years following the visa’s issuance. The sponsor also agrees to let the Department know if the collaboration ends before it grants a visa subclass 309.